The Double Cleanse

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Hello everyone! I recently changed up my skincare routine because the cold weather has been wreaking havoc on my skin. For a very long time I have used face wipes to take off the bulk of my face makeup, I can already hear the gasps of horror. I never really understood the point of hot cloth cleansers and well cleansers in general. I've tried a few cream cleansers from various brands and felt they never really shifted my makeup. I received the Ultimelt hot cloth cleanser from Soap and Glory for Christmas along with the For Daily Youth face wash. This combination of products has definatley changed my skin for the better and no more face wipes for me!



















Recently Soap and Glory's packaging had a makeover and although I loved their previous retro style packaging, the new sleek and simple re-vamp looks very classy. I like how they've kept some of the vintage touches on the outer packaging.
I didn't feature the muslin cloth in the pictures because it's filthy and needs to be washed (gross).
I was skeptical about the cleanser and it's ability to get all my makeup off but when I first used it on Christmas day I was amazed! It removed almost all of my makeup except for some stubborn bits of mascara but that was sorted out with a bit of eye makeup remover. 
The consistency of the cleanser is thick and creamy but not heavy on the skin. It glides on smoothly and the essential oils make it easy to rub on the skin. It smells okay it's not too overwhelming and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The muslin cloth is exfoliating without being too harsh and it helps to remove all of my makeup. It costs £10 from Boots and I would definately repurchase it again but I do want to try some other hot cloth cleansers that are on the market. I have my eye on the Superdrug one. 
Now on to the second step of my cleansing routine, I also received the For Daily Youth face wash for Christmas and luckily I had just ran out of face wash so it gave me an excuse to try something new. I really like this face wash, it exfoliates my skin gently so I can use it everyday because the exfoliating beads are small without being abrasive, it lathers up nicely and has a pleasant, sweet scent. I haven't broken out so far using this but I haven't noticed a massive reduction in breakouts but my breakouts are less dry and flaky since using this. If you have normal to dry skin this will probably suit you. Once this runs out I'm considering trying the more clarifying wash that has green exfoliating beads instead. It can be purchased for £9 from Boots.  
I'm so glad I've stopped using face wipes, I've noticed a real difference in my skin and urge anyone who's using face wipes to take off their makeup to stop, your skin will thank you.

What hot cloth cleansers do you recommend?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'
xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png