The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Face Wash Review

Sunday 14 September 2014

Hello everyone! Recently my skin has been flaring up with insane breakouts and I needed something to sort it out. I decided to revamp my skincare routine to help combat my spots. Tea tree works great on my skin to clear it up. I've been using it since I was about 13. I've never tried any skincare products from The Body Shop and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. 










I picked up two things from their Tea Tree line, the cool and creamy face wash and the night lotion (review coming soon). I wanted to try the face wash after Essiebutton praised it for making your skin feel clean without drying it out. It sounded perfect. However, that wasn't the case for me.
Firstly the packaging is lovely, it's slim, compact and comes in a squeezy tube (very hygienic). I also love the smell, tea tree oil always smells clean and fresh. But if you don't like strong smells you won't like this because it is a little overpowering. 
On the outside it's great. It's just the product inside that doesn't work for me. The texture of the face wash is very creamy to the touch so I assumed it would spread nicely over my skin but it didn't. It just seemed to gather in clumps on my face and I ended up losing most of it in the sink from where it kept falling off my face. I had to use a lot of product to cover my whole face and it didn't lather up at all, no matter how much I rubbed my face which resulted in me looking like a tomato. This product only lasted me about 3 weeks from using it twice a day which was a real disappointment. Face washes usually last me a good month and a half to two months depending on how much product I need. 
The face wash did leave my skin feeling soft but for the price (£5) and the quality from The Body Shop is usually good, I wasn't impressed and won't be repurchasing it. However I do like the night lotion from the range and would repurchase it. You'll have to wait for a new post to find out more.

Have you tried any skincare products from The Body Shop?
Thank you for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin' 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo blanklogofull.png